Friday, January 25, 2019

The Golden Rule

In school and almost everywhere else, we are taught the “Golden Rule.”
It is the idea, in short, that you should treat others the way you would
want to be treated. So, if you would want people to treat you with
respect and be kind to you, you should treat them the same
and so you would get that in return.

Many people do treat others with kindness, but there is also those
who do not. I have noticed that those are the people who do
not treat themselves with kindness.
The “Golden Rule” does not have to
be just with other people, but also with yourself. You get angered,
saddened, and even disappointed when someone else speaks
down to you, but you are even harder on yourself.

You are worth so much more than you give yourself credit for.
Treat yourself the way you want others to treat you.
Treat yourself with kindness and respect. It is a lot easier
said than done; I know because I am one is harder on
myself than anything, but I also try. I try to say at least
one thing positive to myself everyday. I try to eat healthy, which
my body will thank me for not putting greasy food in it.
I try to write and read for my brain. I try to do all of these things
that I feel are “respecting” my body while I try to stay away from
the things that are bad, which would be “disrespecting” it.

Remember, it does not take a genius to know the Golden Rule
and the Golden Rule starts with using it on yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment