Thursday, April 30, 2020

Top 8 Inspirational Quotes

I love quotes. From movies and TV shows to authors and songs. If you've been around me, you've heard me quote something at least once a day. Quotes can be funny, sad, angry, happy, and my personal favorite, inspirational. I'd like to share eight of my top inspirational quotes with you.

- "Rester Forte"

This phrase says "Remain Strong" in French. I have the tattoo of an infinity symbol with the word written inside. It was the first tattoo I got and it's a reminder to stay strong through everything no matter how hard it seems.


-"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."  (Oscar Wilde)

All of us have our own issues and problems, but some us are looking at the sky and seeing positive things and looking up.

-"Hakuna Matata"

Oh, The Lion King! My all time favorite movie! I'm pretty everyone knows it's meaning, but what kind of fan would I be if I didn't say, "it means no worries!"

-"...You are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." (Dr. Seuss)

Why try to be someone else when you're the best at being you? Besides, who's going to be you if you are busy being someone else?

-"Be a voice not an echo."

Like Dr. Seuss' quote above, use your own voice and don't let yourself become an echo of someone else's.

-The chapter ended, not the story.

Okay, I'll be honest, this is my own quote. It's inspired by the sayings talking about how you write your own story. It's a reminder that just because you've had something bad happen or you're going through a rough time, doesn't mean your entire book (life) is bad. I wrote it as a suicide prevention thing. Don't end your life because of a bad chapter (day); finish writing your book until your timed death and not the one by your own hands.

-"Ohana"

I first heard this word, like many people did, while watching "Lilo and Stitch" and even though this isn't technically an inspirational quote, it's a good reminder that family is important and it doesn't matter if that family is blood or not. Family are the people in your life that don't use you for their own personal game, so on and so forth. Just remember, "Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

-"Spread your wings and fly away."

This quote, or rather song lyric, comes from "Spread Your Wings" by Queen. It helps me remember that I should always reach out, try new things, go new places, and experience life. It also makes me remember that if I'm not happy about who I hang out with, or where I'm at in life because I feel as if it's holding me back, to always spread my wings and go somewhere new to where I can be who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment